This must be a record, two posts in as many days! I have the bug now and I'm eager to get this bird in the air. The poor weather in the UK is helping too with most of April and early May proving to be a wash out.
Anyway, as explained yesterday, as opposed to laminating the ZII, I've taken the decision to cover it in a Carbon effect vinyl for the top side and red vinyl for the underside. With the red elevons it really sets it off and gives a striking contrast.
It helps if you have two people to cover (thanks Steve) and the tip is to try and take your time and not rush it. A hot covering iron helps just stick those tricky bits down too.
The underside covered in red. The only slight downside is that you can see my receiver ariel underneath, but this should be obscured slightly when I add a few carbon line strips to help with LOS orientation.
The battery sitting nice and snug in one of the two bays with the cable routed into the main bay.
To finish off and hide these once installed, I've made some ply patches which I will cover in the same carbon vinyl and just hinge down.
Next steps, install the electronic gear and TBS GoPro mount in the nose.