Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A bit more progress on the Pterodactyl

Not a whole lot of progress this week. I've made the slits for the aieron control horns and fixed the two metal gear servos in place.

The open and lower leading edge wing peices were then added and fitted together very easily. All that remains here is to sand into the wing tips

The upper balsa sheet is added over the servo now I'm satisfied the servo is secure, is connected up and has suitable control throw movement.

I've also decided on the covering and I've purchased a role of transparent yellow ProFilm for the wings and have ordered some transparent green for the body. I'm also toying with adding some red LED's into the head for the eyes!  I plan to progress a bit further this week, but I've also got the distraction of a new Precision Aerobatics Addiction X which I'm building up at the same time (look out for a post or two on this soon!).  All good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment